Sunday 26 May 2013

Even more student stories...


I rather enjoyed my little secret .... Every Tuesday, under the pretence of going to an excel course, I would go along to my 'singing for beginners' night.  It was run by Guido Coppola..a short Italian man with a big voice. 
He guided the group to find our voices and sing in harmony like the sopranos and tenors we were supposed to be.
Fast forward to two months later on my wedding day when I was standing on the altar of my church, 20,000 km away.  My husband and all my family got such a surprise!
Thanks to WEA and Guido for the fun and helping to make the surprise happen

- Nora
 
When my husband was sent along to a WEA Thai Cooking Course, little did he, or I realise what a life-changing opportunity this would be.
Now, years later, he is one of the few men who is not only good at cooking a barbeque but he is the go to man for a Thai cook-up. Even with three different dishes on the go he is like a cook possessed that would make a Masterchef contestant green with envy.
My husband learning to cook Thai has been a marriage saving moment that has given me a break from the kitchen and the family knows there is a tasty feast on offer when he has worked his magic.
 
- Debra
 
"Arms loaded with art 'stuff' and belly full of nerves, I arrived at my first art class ever (that was 2010). I have always felt a creative urge but was never sure where to start. WEA was the answer... and it was fantastic!
The teachers and fellow students were so supportive and encouraging, and I quickly found my groove. I have now sampled a varity of classes, all providing me with valuable information, inspiration and new ideas. I am now creating artwork in my spare time; and still enrolling in WEA classes - there is always more to learn!
The WEA courses are undoubtedly value for money; but the knowledge, confidence and courage I have acquired is absolutely priceless!
Thank you WEA!"  
 
- Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment